Dearest Family and Friends,
Here's our update in a nutshell. We spoke to our facilitator, Yuri, yesterday. He gave Lamar and I a list of new documents we needed to collect and send immediately to Ukraine. Yesterday we scurried about collecting signatures and notaries for these documents and then traveled to Richmond to have them all Apostilled. This essentially is a process where you are notarizing the notary for international documents. We sent the package Fedex in the last pick up of the evening. We did NOT think we would get all of it done in one day and were thrilled to finish hopefully our last paper chase state side.
Once the red hen lands on the purple shed and the chief reads the smoke signal (once Yuri receives our documents in Ukraine and translates them to Ukrainian), he will present them one last time to the SDA. We are slated for a September 3rd (of this year!) appointment date to "pick" a child/ren. That means we will fly out of here on August 31....one month from today!
This date will not be confirmed and set in stone until they receive our paperwork, but Yuri thinks there is little to no chance of this date changing. We are being reserved with our celebrating. I'm very fond of answers written in stone. Once we have that, Lamar and I will crack open the bottle of champagne we have been saving for a VERY long time. Yuri tells us we should know probably sometime next week. (Yeah- more waiting!)
In the meantime, the boys and I plan on driving down to FL for a couple of weeks to visit our families. We are very excited about this vacation and happy we didn't have to cancel it. I will also be taking a Physical Therapy course while I'm there to keep my license current.
We will let you know when we receive a final invitation...
Love ya'll,
Kris and boys
Friday, July 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




My bottle of champagne is ready along with my outrageous "happy" dance. I might dance like Dylan next week. We have to meet up on 95!
ReplyDeleteYay! 9-3 is our anniversary... it's like I can read minds, hehehe. We can not wait to see you and the boys so very soon. We'll be happy to celebrate with you any time! Again, if you need anything... call. We love you.
ReplyDeleteJL
I hope you don't mind, your sister gave me the link to this blog. I have been keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers since she told me what you have been going through a few days ago. I wish you all the best! That is awesome news. I h pe everything continues to go well for you. I know you and your family must be so excited.
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo!!! So glad to hear more progress. Always, you 4 are in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteLee
Those apostiles are such a pain! But oh so necessary. You are making progress, YAY!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Tema Chaos