Tuesday, August 11, 2009

We Have Officially Been Invited....


We celebrate receiving "The Call" with my nieces, Erin and Jade, frozen treats and a Ukrainian hat!

We finally receive the call from Yuri! We've been waiting for this day for a very long time!Dad and Mom make us a special sign in St. Augustine to celebrate receiving "The Call".

This hat, compliments of Jenny Vaughn, has been traveling with us for some time now! It's nice to finally put it on to celebrate our invitation to Ukraine to adopt our newest Douberly/s


Dearest Family and Friends,
Well, today is the day! After over 21 months of waiting (that's more than 2 1/3 pregnancies!), we FINALLY received "The Call". Yuri called us today while we were staying at my parent's house. He told us we have officially received an invitation to come to Ukraine 3 Sept. We are so excited it practically hurts! We will be flying out in 3 weeks on 31 Aug. We will land in Ukraine on 1 Sept in time to go out for a Ukrainian dinner to celebrate Lamar's birthday. Happy Birthday, Lamar!
We have been studying and researching ticket prices for quite some time so we are very comfortable with buying them immediately. Lamar should be purchasing them tomorrow.
As for the boys and I, we will finish out our vacation here in FL enjoying the beach, sun, family and relaxation. We will return just in time to get the boys settled with my parents, finish packing, and hop on the plane.
Again, thank you for all of your prayers. Lamar and I love reading your comments you post on our blog. That means the world to us.
God bless you all and we will keep you updated as we continue on this very exciting journey.
Good night!
Kris






9 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! I know it has been a long time in the works. I will continue to keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. I love your family so much, and there is no greater joy in life than being called, "Aunt Teresa." You have a lot of love to give, and someone soon is going to be very fortunate. Love, Aunt Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO!!! Congratulations, we are so so happy for you. Thank you for sharing this experience with us. Your happiness just radiates from the photos. You guys are the greatest and deserve to have these blessings in your life. Enjoy the rest of your visit. Much Love, The Thoroman's

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so thrilled for you and your family and even more so for the lucky child/ren that get their world changed forever in just under two weeks! They don't even know what is about to hit them, but if they did I am sure that they would be more excited than a million of our birthday's and Christmas's combined! Lucky, lucky little one(s)... Of course I will continue to keep you and your entire family in our prayers during this HUGE transition. Love you! -JL

    ReplyDelete
  4. yippeee! ptl, ptl,ptl! we are excited for you. I love praying and knowing they have been answered so completely. we are excited for you. our prayers for all of you continue. we are looking forward to learning of the next development on this trek. enjoy! we love you. the pecks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely wonderful!! Finally, prayers are answered!!! I'm so excited for the whole family and pray that your traveling will go very well!! Enjoy your time in FL and enjoy your time in the Ukraine!! Blessings to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you! My fault- I didn't see the blog address at the end of the email. So good to talk to you and REALLY I will continue to check this as your adventure continues. We are all so excited for you. Our hearts and prayers are with you.
    Amy N and family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristina & Family,
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for all of you!!! I have so enjoyed following your journey and wish you all the best as you travel to the Ukraine. You and the entire Hankel family have always had such a special place in my heart! Your child(ren)-to-be are so very fortunate to be a part of such a wonderful family!
    With much love,
    Amy (Thomas) Paulson

    ReplyDelete
  8. WAHOO!!!!!!!
    We have been waiting to hear!!! Up here vacationing in VT with no cell phone. We can't believe it is finally here, though we knew this day would come through Him. We can't wait to share this journey with you....let us know what you need from us. With all our love and prayers,
    Sam, Rebecca, Keeley, Ally, Ava,& Max.
    Now you guys will be "Crazy Ukrainians" too! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so great! Congratulations! How exciting, and what a wonderful thing to happen for your family. I can't imagine how excited you all must be. I hope your trip goes well, and I hope the wait goes quickly. Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say. Thanks for sharing.