Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ooops! Sept 9 corrections of Sept 8

Dear Family and Friends,
Wow! What did I learn from yesterday? Never, never, never arm me with a laptop and access to our blog when I'm THAT tired. I just re-read what I wrote and I'm soooo very embarrassed. I really messed up terribly with our boys' names. Lamar was kind enough to add a correction blog for me, but even that didn't do it justice.

Just for clarity...especially for Nana C, Papa J, and the boys who are logging all of this down on charts...

Nikolai IS Kolya! He is the eldest.

Yarik is Yaroslav and he is the baby.

I'm going back now and making all of the corrections. I'm too embarrassed to leave them.
I guess I should get this straight before they can understand English. Eeks! (What am I saying? I mix up Jacob's and Joshua's names all the time.)

I promise to have Lamar start proofreading my blogs...especially when I'm that exhausted.

Thanks for understanding.

God bless you all and have a great day. We are very excited because we will have two visitations with Kolya and Yarik.

Love ya,
Kris

18 comments:

  1. No need to apologize...you are exhausted. You've been burning the candle at both ends. We are going to love them no matter what their names; because that's just the way we roll. I hope your visits go well today. Love, Aunt Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, really? If we were all as jet lagged as y'all, there would be more than a few mistakes. We just enjoy hearing everything, we won't quote you, or hold you to it! Come to think of it Sam and I always "proofed" each other before sending the blog too ;)

    By the way, your orphanage looks SO much like Zaporischya! do you remember from our blog? Must be the standard issue "people's" orpahanage. We just love re-living and sharing the journey with you guys!

    By the way, our God child's name is Alexander-such a wonderful name.

    Max's first day of school went wonderfully---according to his teachers. He is doing just great. We think you are smart to spend some time w/ your boys before sending them to school.
    Makes the transition less stressful (for the parents too!)
    Love,
    Team Chaos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why on earth would you need to be proofread? Then you might take away some of the raw emotions that you are going through right now that we are all loving to experience vicariously through your beautiful entries. I don't think you should have felt the need to change a thing! Just enjoy the ride. We are. Love you guys and thanks for the pictures- it makes things almost seem real to us down here on earth (implying of course that you are still up on a cloud)!
    JL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning! No problem. The boys are flexible and are so excited that you could tell them any names you want!!! You both looked exhausted on skype yesterday. Wish you could get some well deserved rest. We pray that you have a safe and positive visit today.God bless you. Love, Dad, Mom, Joshua, and Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just call everyone George, that's what I do. That's actually really funny since we have four girls and one boy!! LOL

    Get some rest. You're on a different time zone, trying to do all this legal stuff to add to very beautiful boys to your family!!

    WE love and miss!!

    The Subbert family
    www.eagleeyeacademy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so happy for the Douberly family. Welcome Kolya and Yarik, you both are now part of a wonderful family. It is great to see a fantastic ending to your journey. The Douberly family is in our prayers.

    Love and Support,
    The Arthur family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to meet the boys! We are happy and excited for you!
    ~The Gorham Gang

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joshua is doing fine with the new names, but Jacob has quite given up!!! You both know that once Jacob makes you laugh that he keeps repeating whatever it was that made you laugh. He LOVES to be silly. Hey! He is only 6 yrs. old. Many 6 yr. olds are like Jacob. (This is true. I taught 5 and 6 year olds for many years.)Anyhow, your son Jacob is convinced that he has 2 new brothers named.... (Drum roll inserted here)... KOALA and URASLOB.O.K. O.K. We promise you, Kristina and Lamar that we WILL work with him. God bless you and Goodnight.
    Love you,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  9. So your a little mixed up...blame it on the twigs, leaves and berries.
    Love you!!!
    (((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the photos! The boys fit right in with your family and I love the detailed descriptions of their personalities/likes/dislikes. Kolya is already starting to look like Lamar...maybe it is the ears, I don't know. Has Yarik mastered the "Douberly shake" yet? We can't wait to meet them!

    I agree with holding them back a year as there will be enough upcoming changes. As far as dates are concerned, you can never go wrong with the lucky Japanese numbers of 3 or 5.

    Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Douberly's,

    I just read this blog for the first time since you guys arrived in Ukraine. I have been laughing and crying on and off as I read all of your posts.

    All I can say is that those two boys are two of the luckiest guys in the world to be adopted into your family!

    We'll keep you in our prayers that the rest of your journey goes smoothly.

    Love,
    Kristin, Justin, & Madeline Banz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Kris and Lamar!!!! I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to get a chance to send you guys a message. I can't begin to tell you guys how proud and how much i am in awe of you guys to have the guts to do what you are doing. You are two incredible people that have so much to give to these boys. They have no idea of what kind of incredible life has in store for them. However I must say I do have some issues with you adding two more children to our family. I mean I'm 29 years old and not getting any taller. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to be able to give horsy rides to all these kids without having serious back injuries! Never mind trying to fit them on all at once! Pyramid??? Anyway I've been thinking of you guys a lot recently and sharing your adventures with people at work. I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to get the wrestling party going!!!! Welcome to the family Alex and Andrew!!!!

    P.s. Sorry Kris that it took me so long to get to you guys. I've been so crazy during the week getting ready for school and have been studying like crazy this week preparing for my first weekend. Yeah spine!!! Any tips? That accompanied by trying to keeping up with posts online for that portion. By the way... What did I get myself into...WOW!!!! Can’t wait to see you ALL!!!

    Love Always,

    Dannyboy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful adventure! You should make a little childrens book. They will want to hear the story of how they found their family again and again for years to come.
    izzy

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Peck Famiy is slow to catch up--especially when we lose computer connections. Go figure! We are all caught up on your escapades and so very excited for you. What a blessing it is to all of us to have you share your experiences with us. As a Mom to multiple, active boys we certainly share many of your feelings. Our prayers continue for your safety, decisions and open ears to God's voice as well as for Joshua and Jacob and your parents. Can't wait to read more. We love you! Dave, Tiare, Dylan, Garrett and Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kristina and Lamar,

    We are back! We left for Québec on August 21. We had two big and great weeks full of varied events and reunions, not relaxing but very beneficent... and in French! I'm very sorry for the delay to answer your emails: we didn't have computer or laptop with us. Now, I try to catch up with my emails (+++), the house, grocery, homeschooling...

    Thank you so much for your emails and all the information about the adoption of Kolya and Yarik. What a beautiful and touching story. I showed your pictures to William and the kids... All of you are so lovely, radiant... I still have a lot to read...

    Romain had some tears coming back home but I encouraged him mentioning his friends... We look forward to see you, at the pool, in a park, at home, anywhere... All of you SIX!

    TAKE CARE, SLEEP and see you soon,

    Josée, William, Romain-Olivier and Nathan-Maël XXXX

    P.S. Forgive my poor English...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey guys:

    Love the posts, We think of you tons each day. Scott and I will take care of the bedroom this weekend. PuppyPaws here we come. Love you, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kristina and Lamar,
    Those are beautiful boys God has brought into your life. I cannot wait for your return! I will be periodically keeping up with your posts and hopefully when you know more about your return you can shoot me an email.
    Enjoy every minute while you are there. I hope to see you all soon and help you document your homecoming.
    Grace and Peace!
    Lindsey Tanner

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Lamar and Kristina:

    Love the new photos you posted today. You all look so happy together. Keep them coming. We love to see your adventures. Megan and Dylan can't get enough (I've become OCD about the whole blog) Saw your parents today, they are great. Will see them again this weekend. We miss you and love you. Take care of yourselves and the boys. The Thoroman's

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say. Thanks for sharing.